Joe has negotiated and written contracts across the spectrum. From smaller business arrangements to complex development agreements, he has prepared contracts between individuals, small & large businesses, nonprofits and governments. The purpose behind having a valid, enforceable contract in place is to provide stability in any transaction. When disagreements happen, it’s always best to be able to turn to the language of the contract between the parties and know that your client’s interests are protected. Usually, a frank discussion with the other side can resolve most conflicts. But in the event that litigation occurs, the contract is the best evidence of the intention of the parties. “There’s nothing quite like walking into a courtroom with the signature of the other side on the contract. It puts them in the position of having to argue that while they did in fact sign it, they really didn’t mean it.” Know what you’re signing before you put pen to paper. If you don’t understand something, getting an explanation now could mean everything in the future.
Just some of the types of contracts Joe has been involved in negotiating and writing include:
- Business Purchases and Sales
- Non-disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements
- Interlocal Governmental Agreements
- Professional Services Agreements
- Asset Transfers
- Financing Agreements
- Intellectual Property Licenses
- Development Agreements
- Non-compete Agreements and provisions
- Commercial and Residential Leases
- Non-profit and Homeowners’ Association contracts
- Economic Incentive Agreements
- Real Property Transfers
- Complex Business Arrangements
- Premarital and Separation Agreements
We pride ourselves on our ability to know our clients and approach the practice of law as a profession.
Call us today to set up a consultation
Find us on Facebook
Effective communication with clients is vital. "Like" us on Facebook for updates.